2008-05-21

Reflections on New Zealand

Cathay Pacific Airlines Flight CX108 to Hong Kong

Sigh... So many things I wanted to write about, such a bounty of intention, so much brilliance I'm sure has evaporated into the ether. I suppose I could go back and do a few entries retroactively. I met a pair of English girls who were doing that, faithful to their commitments to write in their journal each day (and rumour has it also to their boyfriends back home, much to the dismay of dear Rick, you remember Rick?), staying so by spending an evening every now and again catching up and writing as though they were writing on that day (I wonder if this is also how they remained faithful to their boyfriends, and what I even mean by that). But tempted as I am, I will not succumb to this particular temptation. I am resolved to remain in the present; and gorgeous, precious, even cancer-curing as these entries might have been, if I didn't get around to writing them when I was feeling them, then that is what happened. And who knows, if I gave in, a world peace inciting revelation waiting to land on someone at that very moment might pass me by.

And so, a medley of favourite moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment